Tuesday, August 26, 2008

if gems where the most precious things on earth, what would you do if you got your hands on one? if i had a gem during that time, be it a diamond, or sapphire, or even a ruby, i will do all i can to protect it.

i will only want the best for it, keep it safe, keeping it at a place where it is always at eye shot. if gems where the most precious things, no matter what the value of the gem might be, i will want to keep it safe and not let any harm befall upon it.

the gem will be the apple of my eye. i will do my best to take good care of it, i will not want to misplace it. no doubt in future, i might or might not find another more precious gem, but for the moment, i will enjoy the pride of having this gem in my hands.

it will be the most painful thing if i accidentally dropped it then watch other people pick it up and not wanting to return it. along the way, i might meet people who might be willing to pay, to bide for my gem, of cause i will be tempted, but my love for the gem overwhelms everything else.

if someone offered me a high price to share my gem, i could break my precious gem into two and give it to the other person, but will i look at the gem the same way again? will my gem be sparkling the same way it had? 

but what if i'm just not good enough to own that gem?

No comments: