Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The End of 2008 - Part II of the post on December 1st

So the year has come to an end. As I said, time literally flew pass especially the pass 6 months. I'm not sure to call it a good thing or a bad thing. Good in the sense that working up here is getting tougher and tougher, being so near yet so far from home and all. Everything I chase for currently lies in the heart of Melaka. Haiz...

So things did not really go as planned for me in the month of December. I was sick half the month, walking like a giant capital 'C' due to gastritis. Bad experience, don't want to get it again. But i got well after almost 2 weeks of agony. Then there was HWC, such fun I have this year. True to what Bie said, it's a wonder why we keep going back and year after year we strive harder and don't even complain one bit and the best part of all we are offering ourselves as FREE labor. It was hectic, slightly disorganized, but it was loads of fun. For the 1st time in my life (though I was once a Chairlady for this annual event) I felt like I was RUNNING a camp.

HWC taught me a lot throughout these years. From the 1st year (2000) as a participant, and again for the second time (2002) as a participant and 3 years (2004, 2005 and 2008) as a member of the organizing committee. Every single year was unique and has some things which a remember so clearly about.

Like the time I stood on stage for the Hymn Singing night, dumbfounded, I was blank and couldn't remember the lyrics, it taught me of courage, then they gave me a second chance and I told myself that I can do it, I sang. Also the friendships made there, are ones that last the longest. When I took the resposibility of Work & QM, I learnt of organizing and people skill. I would say thanks a million more times for giving me a chance to chair the event in one of the years. It had brought me far and I have learnt of leadership and management. This year is GOLDEN, I learnt to deal with personalities and problem solving. The most touching moment was when one of our most problematic participants gave me a hug at the end of the camp, at that moment I knew, I had changed someone. We jointly learnt to take on responsibilities, to embrace teamwork and to mark our presence and success, so that we will be an unforgettable and trusted icon to all.

That was a little a bout HWC, I'm looking forward to our committee gathering which actually is still in tha planning stage, but I'm sure it'll be a blast if it'll be a reality. What's in store is we'll have steanboat come teppanyaki and we'll all put up in a rented apartment either a resort or service apartment. Then we'll have a post mortem meeting where all faults are said out as well as heart to heart speeches. We'll find creative solutions and make resolutions for the following year's follow up and be as a guidance to the coming board of organizing committees. I really hope this gathering plan becomes a reality.

So I wonder what will year 2009 be for me? Let's attempt to create a list of resolutions. hmmmph.... I won't smoke, I won't drink, I'll stop clubbing... hahaha~ lame like as if I do all those. I just hope the year will be as sweet as how 2008 has been or maybe be even sweeter. I hope everything will be smooth flowing and life will be filled with joy, love, laughter and happiness.

wishing everyone a very HAPPY NEW YEAR 2009~!!! Have a blast and get drunk~!!! Enjoy on my behalf as I'm stuck on the mountain and are working tommorrow~!!!

No comments: