Sunday, January 18, 2009

6 more days to go...~

I'm coughing like a camel~ and the weather on Genting Highlands is cold~ My back is still ugly and bad~ Chinese New Year is around the corner~!!! arrrrghhhhhh~!!!!!!!!

I'm a whiner~~~ XD

I'm in the office even though it is a Sunday. Working up here on Genting Highlands has it's pros and cons. For instance, I forgot how it is like to have no brainer weekends. When I was schooling, days which I look forward to are Fridays as I know that the following 2 days I will be able to sleep in and take a break from all the craziness. Now a days, my alarm is permanently set to ring at 7.35am every single day.

At home I have my own room with my own comfy bed and a cocoon to keep me warm at night. I don't have to worry how loud i burp or fart. Here, I have a roomate (for the 1st time in my life). I'm not complaining about her. She's sweet and obliging considering how much a difficult person I know I can be sometimes. I have to control every volume of mine, especially when I'm on the phone in the middle of the night, until sometimes Bie gets so fed up cause he can't hear what I say.

Then I had my computer to use at anytime convinient, I had the latest episodes of demanded TV dramas, I play computer games all day log... Here I have nothing, I'm bored every night and lamely go to bed at 9pm every night. My only source of entertainment is Bie's voice over the phone. Sometimes I feel so lost and depressed when I sit or lay down and have nothing to do. I do feel bad that Bie get's the impact. He gets so fed up at times. Sorry for the migraine I cause you Bie~~

While working here sure has many bad sides, there are good parts too, such as, though I do not have weekends, I have accumulated leaves, which means, I go back for a few days straight. the accumulated leave is good in the sense that it's flexible when I decide to take my leaves. With a 4 days straight leave, I only have to add on a couple of days to make it longer and I can be going on vacations. Yes, unlike many other companies which offers close to double the amount of annual leaves, but when your weekends are accumulated, there's no need to have too many annual leaves. Moreover, when we work during public holidays, we can replace those leaves as well. that was how I was able to go back for a week straight for HWC and again for CNY.

Since I started working here, a total of 3 friends has left the company, and the numer is going to be add on to number 5 by Febuary. Friends leaving means demotivation to work. I won't say I don't enjoy working here. But if you do hear complains from me, it's not because I don't like my job, but i just don't like the lifestyle here. I don't like being lonely, I don't like having no place to go and no one to talk to. I don't like immobility. But what I do like being up here is, I can survive even when I do not have a single cent in my pocket. That's because I don't have to pay for my meals, I don't have to pay for rent, and I don't have to buy anything if I don't wish to. That's how cost of living can be saved while I'm up here.

I do wish to go back to Melaka or any 'real' cities to work, someday. But for now I think Genting is the only place for me to work and to sustain my expensive lifestyle back home.I do hope I will be strong and continue working here for at least till this year end. I might opt to go back to school in year 2010. when it comes, I will go back to Melaka and find a job there while I further my studies.

Right now I'm just looking forward to the week end of next week. I will go back to Melaka on Saturday after and only come back up on the following Saturday. CNY is around the corner and I'm really anticipating it. Can't wait to go back to Melaka to spend time at home with the family as well as with Bie. I can't believe how much of a homey person I actually am... Counting down the days...~

No comments: