Saturday, August 08, 2009

Mistakes

When I was young, I remembered playing this game, Tetris. I'm sure many of you will remember this hand held device. This game, featuring blocks of diferent shapes falling from the top to the bottom, you job is to turn these blocks fitting them into proper places. Well being young, just 6 years old, envious of my older siblings and parents playing that game for hours. I tried too. But most often than not, my lack of experience and estimation, it will lead to my arrangement of mess, too many holes from improper arrangement then I will pause and scream "Dad can you help me repair this". Dad will always help me.

Mistakes we all do it. No one is perfect. We dive into something, we fall, we cry and tan we stand again. I have done so many mistakes. I thought I was in love. I had done so many things in the midst of that. So many things which most of the time I thought I was doing the right thing. I choose to be blinded. So many people tried to enlighten me. Tried to show me the flaws, I choose to not listen. I choose to believe only in one thing, which is myself and no other. Till now when it's finally too late, I regret for being this hard headed.

It feels like the silly Tetris game. I have tried to piece together a perfect relationship. Block after block I have arranged. The only thing I failed to notice we the holes which I failed to seal. The points that I would have earned for each complete rows, but I didn't see the gaps I had in fact created. I thought I was perfect. Silly me, playing a game os Tetris while blinded? In the end there are just way too many gaps. My creation is now a mess.

When I had messed up in that hand held gaming device, I scream for Dad. But for this time, I can't scream for no one. I know I'm the one who dug my own grave. I shall face it with an open heart now. There's no one to blame but myself. There's no helping hands, just my own two bare hands. There's nothing more than just a little self belief and esteem for me to pull through this ordeal. Only me, myself and I.

Mistakes... we all do it. I choose to fight this battle... I know I can.

No comments: