Sunday, March 08, 2009

Things That Will Never Be

I sat there on the bench of the crowded airport. I waited. I saw many happy faces appearing from the arrival gate. I waited. I thought of my emotions 2 months back, when I thought I had the master plan.

I put myself out at risk of losing everything dear to me. We sat and drew the blue print. We put it all together and make it a reality. Now the end of the plan was here, justice will be read. So I waited.

"Baby, it's my dream to do this, thanks for making it come true" he said with a kiss on my forehead. I smiled weakly and caressed the side of his face, "As long as I see that smile on your face".

I needed to do this, I needed him to be sure of what he wanted. I had to let him go. They say if you love something, let it go, if it comes back, it's yours to keep. So off he went, my knees when weak, my strength all gone. Gone too were my confidence.

It was the longest two weeks ever. The slightest trigger would make me jump. I daydreamed. Sometimes even forgetting my task, my duty. I got worried, I was scared. I sat, I wondered, am I doing the right thing? What have I gotten myself into?

I kept myself busy. Tiring myself up, so that sleep came easily, so that I can get rid of the sickening feeling from my wild imaginations. I wondered, I was anxious. I kept myself from assumming. Yet I felt the cold sweats.

I thought back on the memories we had build together for as long as we were together. The laughter, the tears, the fights, everything. I felt a curve forming at the sides of my mouth. Sweet, just so sweet. But will it come back? Will I be having them again?

I'm scared, so scared to face what's coming soon. I don't know what to expect. I don't know if the promises will still be promises or will they be empty instead. I hate anticipations. I sat on the bench alone, hoping for the best.

I looked at that over head clock, 11.05pm. About time, I thought, I stood up, walked towards the arrival gate, as promised, I waited. I said I would be there. After 5pm, I rushed to the airport, to chase my love.

Streams of strangers walked through, I searched. Finally, I saw the familiar face. The one I dreamed about, the one I wanted to see so ever more. Tears started streaming down the sides of my face, what would it be for me now?

To be continued...

*****
Random writting. Just bored. It's a Sunday and I'm working. Tomorrow is a national pulic holiday, and I'll STILL be working. hahaha~!!! This is my life now. 2 more weeks on the dot till LANGKAWI~!!!!! Seriously it's a kill to wait. hahahaha~!!
Alright, I'm back to waork, for now.

No comments: