Monday, February 02, 2009

Chinese New Year 2009

So my break for Chinese New Year is over now. I'm back at work. How was Chinese New Year this year for me? Well, I would say it was good and I'm sort of happy.

I spent the eve till the 3rd day of this New Lunar Year with my family and a touch of Bie here and there, for example the after dark hours and the drunk visits XD . Then on the 3rd day, after the anticipated lion dance at my house, I had my first taste of the game 'ngau' at Bie's place.

a little mind teasing and addictive card game which consist of 5 cards. out of the 5 cards, there should be 2 combinations of 2 cards and 3 cards. the first combination of 3 cards has to add up to a round number of 10, 20 and 30, for example, 5+2+3 = 10 or J+Q+K = 30 or 4+7+9 = 20, etc. If this combination cannot be fulfilled, you cannot proceed to the second combination. the second combination of the 2 remainder cards will be your winning (or losing) points. Point system is till the maximum of 10 points only biggest being 10 and smallest is 1. for example 2+5 = 7, 10+5 = 5, 10+10 = 10, 10+1 = 1, etc. if your points are bigger than the banker's, you win your bet. if smaller you lose. there are other twist in the game too, such as if your second combination happens to be 2 cards of the smae kind, such as double of any number, you win double of your betting. if your total combination consist of 3 pictures (J, Q or K) and the remainder 2 is an Ace and another card of picture of 10, you win triple of your betting. and there are a few other twist which I'm yet to understand and learn. But this game is addictive and the winnings (and losing) are neither too fast nor too slow.

the rest of my holidays were spent with Bie. We went shopping and he got himself an early Valentine's gift, a thing he had been eyeing for the last months. I'm happy for him. he looks so sexy in it too. love you Bie. We are now planning for a vacation in the month of March. most likely going to Langkawi to celebrate Mr. Pilot birthday and graduation. Anyone wants to come along? =)

The rest of CNY was just same old~ I did not do much visiting this time around. No mood and no time. We had a day trip up to KL though. There were 4 of us. our mission was to send a friend to LCCT and another back to her home in Shah Alam. That night I got to drive on the highway for the 1st time. it was fun. I guess I'm an ok driver (Bie's going to give me 'that' look when he reads this) cause Bie fell asleep in the car.

There were a few miscellaneous incidents and events such as the pigging out at Sushi King, me driving in to my house' flower bed (don't ask me how it happened), Bie staying over at my place, a few movie trips, shopping, gambling and many more.

To sum up, CNY this year is a bit empty but fresh for me this year. It's new and many things were done slightly differently. it's nothing and everything at the same time.

No comments: